Recipes and Cooking Honey Balsamic Beet Salad 4.0 (1) Take this honey balsamic dressing-coated beet salad recipe from appetizer to entree by adding chicken, steak, or salmon. By BHG Test Kitchen BHG Test Kitchen The Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen has been in continuous operation for nearly 100 years, developing and testing practical, reliable recipes that readers can enjoy at home. The Test Kitchen team includes culinary specialists, food stylists, registered and licensed nutritionists, and other experts with Bachelor of Science degrees in food science, food and nutrition, or culinary arts. Together, the team tests more than 2,500 recipes, produces more than 2,500 food images, and creates more than 1,000 food videos each year in the state-of-the-art test kitchen. Learn about BHG's Editorial Process Published on November 1, 2012 Print Share Share Tweet Pin Email Photo: Kritsada Panichgul Prep Time: 20 mins Roast Time: 40 mins Total Time: 60 mins Servings: 8 Yield: 8 cups Jump to Nutrition Facts Ingredients 2 pound baby beets, trimmed and scrubbed ½ cup balsamic vinegar 1 tablespoon olive oil 1 tablespoon honey ⅛ teaspoon salt ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper 2 cup watercress or arugula 1 ½ cup cooked quinoa Chopped fresh tarragon Directions Preheat oven to 400°F. Place beets in a 3-quart rectangular baking dish. In a small bowl whisk together the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and honey. Pour over beets. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover and roast in a 400°F oven for 40 minutes or until beets are tender when pierced with a knife. On a platter combine watercress, quinoa, and beets. Drizzle with the roasting liquid. Top with chopped tarragon. Print Nutrition Facts (per serving) 113 Calories 3g Fat 20g Carbs 3g Protein Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe 8 Calories 113 % Daily Value * Total Fat 3g 4% Saturated Fat 1g 5% Cholesterol 5mg 2% Sodium 106mg 5% Total Carbohydrate 20g 7% Total Sugars 10g Protein 3g Vitamin C 10mg 50% Calcium 40.4mg 3% Iron 1.4mg 8% Potassium 365mg 8% Folate, total 100.8mcg Vitamin B-6 0.1mg *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.