- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, mix the cheese, butter, and salt. Add the flour and mix on low (dough will be pebbly). Slowly add the water and mix as the dough forms a ball.
- Pat the dough into a disk, wrap with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Divide the dough into two pieces and roll each into a very thin (1/8 inch or less) 10x12 inch rectangle. Using a fluted pastry cutter, cut the rectangles into 1-inch squares, then transfer them to the baking sheets.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until puffed and browning at the edges. Watch carefully, as the high fat content of the crackers makes a fine line between golden delicious and burnt. Immediately move the crackers to racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts (Homemade Cheez-Its)
- Per serving:
- 118 kcal ,
- 8 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 2 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 24 mg chol. ,
- 226 mg sodium ,
- 7 g carb. ,
- 0 g fiber ,
- 0 g sugar ,
- 5 g pro.
Susan Perreault 986 Days Ago
i think i either rolled my dough too thick or didnt cook long enough. Mine didnt get crispy, instead maintained a cheesy bread texture
Sarah Mendiola 1003 Days Ago
Anyone know how long these will keep for ? Sealed container in the pantry enough, or do you think fridge?
Beth Carolan 1721 Days Ago
Is it possible to substitute olive oil for the butter? If so, how much?
Kat Randall 2168 Days Ago
what is the serving size the nutrition facts are based on? thanks! eager to try but I'm on weight watchers so I need to know :)