Homemade Butternut Squash Ravioli
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place squash in an 8x8x2-inch or 9x9x2-inch baking pan. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss gently to coat. Roast, uncovered, about 20 minutes or until tender, stirring once.
- Transfer squash to a medium bowl. Mash with a fork or potato masher. Stir in cheese and nutmeg.
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, eggs, oil, water, and salt; mix with an electric mixer or spoon until the ingredients come together to form a dough.
- Turn out dough onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes. Cover; let rest 10 minutes.
- Cut dough into quarters. Roll each piece on the floured surface to a large, very thin layer. Cut out 2- to 2 1/2-inch squares. Add about 1 tablespoon filling to half of the dough squares. Top each with remaining dough squares; seal edges with a fork.
- In a large saucepan bring water to boiling. Add ravioli in batches; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until just tender. Top with Browned Butter Sage Sauce or desired sauce.
From the Test Kitchen
Browned Butter Sage Sauce
In a medium skillet melt 1/2 cup butter with 4 large sage leaves. Cook over medium heat until butter begins to brown. Add 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth. Heat through. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts (Homemade Butternut Squash Ravioli )
- Per serving:
- 579 kcal ,
- 31 g fat
- (13 g sat. fat ,
- 6 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 10 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 136 mg chol. ,
- 579 mg sodium ,
- 63 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 2 g sugar ,
- 13 g pro.