Hoisin-Glazed Tofu & Green Beans
- Cut tofu lengthwise into four 1-inch thick slices. Lay tofu slices on a double layer of paper towels. Top with another double layer of paper towels. Weigh down with a plate topped with cans to remove excess water from tofu. Let stand for 10 minutes. Cut tofu into 1-inch cubes.
- Meanwhile, stir together the water, hoisin, soy sauce, ginger, and 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper, if using.
- In an extra-large skillet heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add tofu. Cook, without stirring until tofu begins to brown, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn and cook 4 to 5 minutes more, stirring occasionally until tofu is golden brown on all sides.
- Transfer tofu to a plate. Add remaining 1 Tbsp. oil to skillet. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds. Add beans; cook 4 minutes or until barely tender. Return tofu to skillet. Add hoisin mixture; bring to boiling, stirring to coat. Serve with rice and lime wedges. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Hoisin-Glazed Tofu & Green Beans)
- Per serving:
- 236 kcal ,
- 14 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 5 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 6 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 0 mg chol. ,
- 402 mg sodium ,
- 17 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 5 g sugar ,
- 14 g pro.
Callie Larson 668 Days Ago
This was delicious and relatively simple to make. I did not have any Hoisin sauce but found a easy and good recipe on the web. I also used frozen, whole green beans with excellent results. I will do this again--probably for guests!
Jill Burke 696 Days Ago
Outstanding Asian flavor. THe crushed red pepper was a bit intense so I will decrease next time. I served with rice noodles because I was pressed for time.