Hidden Egg Bundt Cake
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with parchment paper and coat with nonstick cooking spray for baking, set aside.
- In a large bowl, prepare white cake mix according to package directions.
- Transfer 3 cups of batter into 3 separate bowls (1 cup batter each bowl). Tint each bowl to desired color. Return colored batter to large bowl with remaining batter.* Fold gently to marble.
- Transfer batter to prepared baking pan and bake 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Freeze 30 minutes.
- Using the cookie cutter, cut out about 12 to 15 eggs from the cold sheet of cake.
- Coat a 10-inch fluted tube pan with nonstick cooking spray for baking; set aside. In a large bowl prepare chocolate cake mix according to package directions.
- Spread about 1 cup of the chocolate batter into the prepared tube pan. Gently place the egg cutouts, large end down if oval, into the batter. Gently spoon remaining batter all around the eggs to keep them evenly spaced apart, being careful not to disturb the eggs.
- Bake cake 35 to 40 minutes or until a long skewer inserted near the center of the cake comes out clean. Cover the cake loosely with foil, if necessary, during the last 15 minutes of baking to prevent overbrowning. Remove and cool in the pan for 15 minutes on a wire rack. Loosen sides and around the tube and invert with the bottom side up onto the wire rack. Remove pan. Cool completely.
- In a small bowl, pour hot cream over chocolate pieces. Let stand 5 minutes. Whisk to combine; cool slightly.
- Transfer cake to a serving platter. Drizzle with chocolate ganache. If desired, top with coconut and assorted candies.
From the Test Kitchen
*If you don't want to use food coloring, omit step 3 and just stir in 1 cup rainbow sprinkles.
Nutrition Facts (Hidden Egg Bundt Cake)
- Per serving:
- 214 kcal ,
- 7 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 2 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 6 mg chol. ,
- 333 mg sodium ,
- 37 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 20 g sugar ,
- 3 g pro.