Herb- and Goat Cheese-Stuffed Mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with parchment paper; set aside. Clean mushrooms. Remove stems from mushrooms and chop; set aside. In a small bowl combine 1 tablespoon of the oil and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt; brush mixture onto mushroom caps. Arrange caps, stemmed sides up, in the prepared baking pan.
- For filling, in a large skillet heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and the butter over medium-high heat. Add mushroom stems, shallot, garlic, thyme, and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cook and stir for 8 to 10 minutes or until stems are tender and liquid is evaporated. Remove from heat; carefully add sherry. Return to heat; cook until sherry is evaporated, stirring to scrape up any crusty brown bits. Cool for 10 minutes. Stir in panko, chives, and lemon peel. Stir in cheese and pine nuts.
- Generously fill mushrooms caps with filling. Bake about 15 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and filling is bubbly around edges. Sprinkle with additional chives if desired and serve warm.
From the Test Kitchen
To Make Ahead
Prepare as directed through Step 2. Cover and chill mushroom caps and filling separately for up to 24 hours. Fill and bake as directed.
To toast whole or coarsely chopped nuts, spread them in a single layer in a shallow pan. Bake the nuts in a 350 degrees F oven for 5 to 10 minutes, shaking the pan once or twice.
Nutrition Facts (Herb- and Goat Cheese-Stuffed Mushrooms)
- Per serving:
- 56 kcal ,
- 4 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 2 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 5 mg chol. ,
- 108 mg sodium ,
- 3 g carb. ,
- 0 g fiber ,
- 1 g sugar ,
- 2 g pro.