Recipes and Cooking Herb- and Goat Cheese-Stuffed Mushrooms 3.8 (36) Add your rating & review Stuffed mushrooms are a party favorite for good reason: they're poppable, easy to make in big batches, and endlessly customizable! Try these goat cheese-stuffed mushrooms at your next gathering. By BHG Test Kitchen BHG Test Kitchen The Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen has been in continuous operation for nearly 100 years, developing and testing practical, reliable recipes that readers can enjoy at home. The Test Kitchen team includes culinary specialists, food stylists, registered and licensed nutritionists, and other experts with Bachelor of Science degrees in food science, food and nutrition, or culinary arts. Together, the team tests more than 2,500 recipes, produces more than 2,500 food images, and creates more than 1,000 food videos each year in the state-of-the-art test kitchen. Learn about BHG's Editorial Process Published on August 29, 2012 Print Rate It Share Share Tweet Pin Email Photo: Jason Donnelly Prep Time: 30 mins Cook Time: 10 mins Cool Time: 10 mins Bake Time: 15 mins Cool Time: 10 mins Total Time: 1 hr 15 mins Servings: 24 Jump to Nutrition Facts Ingredients 24 large fresh cremini mushrooms, about 1-1/2 inches in diameter 2 tablespoon olive oil ¾ teaspoon salt 1 tablespoon butter 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot 3 cloves garlic, minced 1 teaspoon snipped fresh thyme ¼ cup dry sherry ¾ cup panko (Japanese-style bread crumbs) 2 tablespoon snipped fresh chives 2 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel 1 cup crumbled goat cheese (chèvre) (4 ounces) ¼ cup pine nuts, toasted* Directions Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with parchment paper; set aside. Clean mushrooms. Remove stems from mushrooms and chop; set aside. In a small bowl combine 1 tablespoon of the oil and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt; brush mixture onto mushroom caps. Arrange caps, stemmed sides up, in the prepared baking pan. For filling, in a large skillet heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and the butter over medium-high heat. Add mushroom stems, shallot, garlic, thyme, and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cook and stir for 8 to 10 minutes or until stems are tender and liquid is evaporated. Remove from heat; carefully add sherry. Return to heat; cook until sherry is evaporated, stirring to scrape up any crusty brown bits. Cool for 10 minutes. Stir in panko, chives, and lemon peel. Stir in cheese and pine nuts. Generously fill mushrooms caps with filling. Bake about 15 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and filling is bubbly around edges. Sprinkle with additional chives if desired and serve warm. To Make Ahead Prepare as directed through Step 2. Cover and chill mushroom caps and filling separately for up to 24 hours. Fill and bake as directed. * To toast whole or coarsely chopped nuts, spread them in a single layer in a shallow pan. Bake the nuts in a 350°F oven for 5 to 10 minutes, shaking the pan once or twice. Rate it Print Nutrition Facts (per serving) 56 Calories 4g Fat 3g Carbs 2g Protein Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe 24 Calories 56 % Daily Value * Total Fat 4g 5% Saturated Fat 2g 10% Cholesterol 5mg 2% Sodium 108mg 5% Total Carbohydrate 3g 1% Total Sugars 1g Protein 2g Vitamin C 1.2mg 6% Calcium 20.2mg 2% Iron 0.4mg 2% Potassium 82mg 2% Folate, total 4mcg *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.