Hazelnut Sacher Brownies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending the foil over edges of pan. Grease foil; set pan aside.
- For crust, in a small mixing bowl beat powdered sugar and the 1/2 cup softened butter with an electric mixer on low to medium speed until smooth. Beat in the 3/4 cup flour and the ground nuts until combined. Press mixture onto the bottom of the prepared baking pan. Bake for 12 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Place preserves in a blender or food processor. Cover and blend or process until smooth. Spread pureed preserves over crust. Chill for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan cook and stir the unsweetened chocolate and the 1/2 cup butter over low heat until melted and smooth. Remove from heat; cool for 10 minutes. In a medium mixing bowl beat egg, egg yolk, granulated sugar, and salt on medium speed for 5 minutes. Beat in the melted unsweetened chocolate and vanilla. Stir in the 1/2 cup flour just until combined. Carefully spread mixture over chilled preserves layer. Bake for 20 minutes more. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Using the edges of the foil, lift uncut brownies out of pan. Spread brownies with melted semisweet chocolate; let stand until chocolate is set. Drizzle with melted white chocolate; let stand until white chocolate is set. Cut into bars.
From the Test Kitchen
Place brownies in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Nutrition Facts (Hazelnut Sacher Brownies)
- Per serving:
- 116 kcal ,
- 7 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 2 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 18 mg chol. ,
- 50 mg sodium ,
- 14 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 10 g sugar ,
- 1 g pro.