Hazelnut Fudge Sandwich Cookies
- In a medium bowl stir together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add 1-1/2 cups sugar and oil. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined. Beat in flour mixture just until combined. Cover and chill about 1 hour or until dough is easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place balls 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten slightly with the bottom of a glass dipped in additional sugar. Bake for 7 to 9 minutes or just until firm. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; cool.
- Spread 1 rounded teaspoon chocolate-hazelnut spread onto bottoms of half of the cookies. Top with the remaining cookies, bottom sides down. Roll sides in crushed peppermint candies, if desired.
From the Test Kitchen
Place filled sandwich cookies in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Nutrition Facts (Hazelnut Fudge Sandwich Cookies)
- Per serving:
- 187 kcal ,
- 10 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 2 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 27 mg chol. ,
- 104 mg sodium ,
- 22 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 12 g sugar ,
- 2 g pro.