- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a 15x10-inch baking pan with foil; coat foil with cooking spray.
- Place each radish in the bowl of a wooden spoon. Cut radish crosswise into 1/8-inch slices, stopping when knife reaches edges of spoon to prevent slicing all the way through. Place in prepared pan.
- In a small bowl combine remaining ingredients. Drizzle over radishes; toss to coat. Roast 30 minutes or just until tender and brown.
From the Test Kitchen
Radishes with Herbed Cheese
Spread radishes with half of a 5.3-oz. container semisoft cheese with garlic and fines herbes and sprinkle with 1/2 tsp. fresh thyme leaves and 1/4 tsp. cracked black pepper.
Nutrition analysis per serving: 69 calories, 1 g protein, 2 g carbohydrate, 6 g total fat (4 g sat. fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 1 g fiber, 1 g total sugar, 3% Vitamin A, 10% Vitamin C, 116 mg sodium, 2% calcium, 1% iron
Omit olive oil and lemon juice. Combine 2 Tbsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce, 1 Tbsp. toasted sesame oil and vegetable oil, salt, and black pepper. Drizzle half of the mixture over radishes. Roast 30 minutes. Stuff pieces of chives, green onions, and/or pickled ginger between radish slices and sprinkle with black sesame seeds. Drizzle with remaining soy mixture.
Nutrition analysis per serving: 31 calories, 0 g protein, 2 g carbohdrate, 2 g total fat (0 g sat. fat), 0 mg cholesterol, 1 g fiber, 1 g total sugar, 1% Vitamin a, 10% Vitamin C, 130 mg sodium, 1% calcium, 1% iron
If you like, substitute one 16-oz. daikon, peeled, for the red radishes. Prepare as directed, except arrange chopsticks or wooden spoons lengthwise on opposite sides of daikon. Cut daikon crosswise into 1/8-inch slices, stopping when knife reaches chopsticks or spoon handles to prevent slicing all the way through. Roast 1 hour or just until tender and brown.
Nutrition analysis per serving: 18 calories, 0 g protein, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g total fat (0 g sat. fat), 0 mg cholesterol, 1 g fiber, 1 g total sugar, 0% Vitamin A, 15% Vitamin C, 31 mg sodium, 1% calcium, 1% iron
Nutrition Facts (Hasselback Radishes)
- Per serving:
- 17 kcal ,
- 1 g fat
- (0 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 1 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 0 mg chol. ,
- 38 mg sodium ,
- 1 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 1 g sugar ,
- 0 g pro.