- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and coat with nonstick cooking spray, set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallot and garlic. Cook and stir about 3 minutes or until fragrant. Add spinach, tomatoes, and red pepper flakes. Cook and stir until spinach is slightly wilted, about 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in goat cheese.
- Arrange chopsticks or wooden spoons lengthwise on opposite sides of one chicken breast on the cutting board. Slice chicken crosswise into 3/4-inch-thick slices, stopping the knife when it reaches the chopsticks or the wooden spoons to prevent slicing all the way through. Transfer to prepared pan.
- Alternately stuff the slits with spinach mixture and gouda cheese. Season chicken with salt, pepper, and paprika. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. If desired, sprinkle with parsley before serving.
Nutrition Facts (Hasselback Chicken )
- Per serving:
- 502 kcal ,
- 27 g fat
- (14 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 7 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 178 mg chol. ,
- 1013 mg sodium ,
- 7 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 1 g sugar ,
- 56 g pro.
jessicasim13575 33 Days Ago
A very tasty dish. Enjoyed that it was different from the "same old, same old". I had 2 chicken breasts that were quite thick so I cut them in half to have 4 pieces and proceeded with the instructions. I just should have shortened the baking time to 20 minutes or less , as the chicken was a little dried out, but that is not the fault of the recipe. I also used a variation of the gouda cheese since I had Beemster cheese, a Dutch, nutty cheese in the house and it worked well. Served it with a tossed salad and it was an excellent meal.
carolynvitti 192 Days Ago
I used 2 shallots and 2 garlic cloves. Substituted Shredded provolone and mozzarella in place of smoked Gouda. Delicious!!!