Harvest Fruit and Cheese Stuffing
- In a large skillet cook leeks and celery in hot butter until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in pepper and cloves.
- In a very large bowl combine bread cubes, pears, cherries, and apricots. Add leek mixture. Drizzle with broth to moisten, tossing to combine. Stir in cheese. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place stuffing in a 3-quart casserole. Bake, covered, alongside turkey for 45 to 60 minutes or until heated through. Or, use to stuff one 12-to 14-pound turkey*.
From the Test Kitchen
*To Stuff a Turkey:
Spoon the stuffing lightly into the body and neck cavity of the turkey. (Spoon any remaining stuffing into a casserole and chill. Bake covered alongside the turkey for 40 minutes or until heated through.) Roast the turkey as above, adding an additional 15 to 45 minutes to the timing. Use an instant-read thermometer to make sure the stuffing inside the turkey is 165 degrees F.
Prepare as above and transfer mixture to casserole. Cover and chill up to 24 hours. Bake, covered, alongside turkey for 60 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts (Harvest Fruit and Cheese Stuffing)
- Per serving:
- 167 kcal ,
- 9 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 24 mg chol. ,
- 250 mg sodium ,
- 17 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 8 g sugar ,
- 6 g pro.