Ham and Spinach Two-Cheese Pasta
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a medium saucepan cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- In the same saucepan heat oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook about 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in flour, dry mustard, and pepper. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Gradually stir in evaporated milk. Cook and stir until slightly thickened. Cook and stir for 1 minute more. Stir in Italian-blend cheese and 1 tablespoon of the Parmesan cheese until melted. Gently stir in pasta, spinach, and ham.
- Divide pasta mixture between two ungreased 10-ounce ramekins or individual casseroles. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, about 10 minutes or until tops start to brown.
Nutrition Facts (Ham and Spinach Two-Cheese Pasta)
- Per serving:
- 322 kcal ,
- 10 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 4 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 23 mg chol. ,
- 522 mg sodium ,
- 38 g carb. ,
- 6 g fiber ,
- 11 g sugar ,
- 21 g pro.
mickikuz1146064 315 Days Ago
Here's what you can use instead of evaporated milk;
divinely1 587 Days Ago
I'm confused about the evaporated milk. 1/2 cup reconstituted milk or 1/2 cup powder? if reconstituted, why not just use regular milk. If powdered, shouldn't there be a little more liquid in the sauce?