Gyro Nachos with Tzatziki Sauce
- In a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker combine the first eight ingredients (through salt). Cover and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours or on high for 3 to 3 1/2 hours.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove chicken and onion from cooker, reserving cooking juices. Remove bones from chicken; shred chicken using two forks. In a bowl combine shredded chicken and onion; toss with enough cooking juices to moisten.
- Serve chicken mixture over pita chips. Top with Tzatziki Sauce and tomato.
From the Test Kitchen
Gyro Mini Pitas
Prepare as directed through Step 2. Spoon chicken mixture into mini pita bread rounds. Place in a baking pan; cover with foil. Keep warm in a 200 degrees F oven up to 1 hour. Before serving, top with Tzatziki Sauce and tomato.
Nutrition analysis per serving: 143 calories, 14 g protein, 9 g carbohydrate, 5 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 1 g fiber, 2 g total sugar, 2% Vitamin A, 7% Vitamin C, 385 mg sodium, 5% calcium, 6% iron
- In a small bowl combine yogurt, cucumber, dill, garlic, lemon juice, and salt.
Nutrition Facts (Gyro Nachos with Tzatziki Sauce)
- Per serving:
- 219 kcal ,
- 9 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 6 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 52 mg chol. ,
- 499 mg sodium ,
- 19 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 2 g sugar ,
- 15 g pro.