Gyro Nachos with Tzatziki Sauce
- In a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker combine the first eight ingredients (through salt). Cover and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours or on high for 3 to 3 1/2 hours.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove chicken and onion from cooker, reserving cooking juices. Remove bones from chicken; shred chicken using two forks. In a bowl combine shredded chicken and onion; toss with enough cooking juices to moisten.
- Serve chicken mixture over pita chips. Top with Tzatziki Sauce and tomato.
From the Test Kitchen
Gyro Mini Pitas
Prepare as directed through Step 2. Spoon chicken mixture into mini pita bread rounds. Place in a baking pan; cover with foil. Keep warm in a 200 degrees F oven up to 1 hour. Before serving, top with Tzatziki Sauce and tomato.
Nutrition analysis per serving: 143 calories, 14 g protein, 9 g carbohydrate, 5 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 1 g fiber, 2 g total sugar, 2% Vitamin A, 7% Vitamin C, 385 mg sodium, 5% calcium, 6% iron
Pressure Cooker Instructions
In a 4- to 6-qt. multifunction electric or stove-top pressure cooker combine first eight ingredients (through salt). Lock lid in place. Set electric cooker on high pressure to cook 15 minutes. For stove-top cooker, bring up to pressure over medium-high heat; reduce enough to maintain steady (but not excessive) pressure. Cook 15 minutes. Remove from heat. For both models, release pressure quickly. Open lid carefully. Follow instructions above in steps 2 and 3 for shredding chicken and serving.
- In a small bowl combine yogurt, cucumber, dill, garlic, lemon juice, and salt.
Nutrition Facts (Gyro Nachos with Tzatziki Sauce)
- Per serving:
- 219 kcal ,
- 9 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 6 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 52 mg chol. ,
- 499 mg sodium ,
- 19 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 2 g sugar ,
- 15 g pro.