Grilled Tomato and Stonefruit Salsa
- Toast coriander seeds in a small dry skillet over medium heat for 2 minutes or until fragrant. Grind in a mortar and pestle or a clean coffee or spice grinder; set aside.
- For a charcoal or gas grill, grill the peaches, onion, serrano and Fresno peppers, and 4 of the roma tomatoes on the rack of a covered grill directly over medium-high heat for 2 to 4 minutes or until they have grill marks, turning occasionally. Remove and cool. Chop and place in a medium bowl.
- Halve the remaining 4 tomatoes. Coarsely shred the tomatoes using a box grater; discard tomato skin. Add tomato to mixture in bowl.
- Finely shred 1 1/2 teaspoons peel from the oranges. Juice the oranges (1/3 cup). Add orange juice, orange peel, lime juice, coriander, and salt to mixture in bowl; toss to combine. Season with additional salt, if desired.
From the Test Kitchen
Because hot chile peppers contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes, avoid contact with chiles as much as possible. When working with chile peppers, wear plastic or rubber gloves. If your bare hands do touch the chile peppers, wash your hands well with soap and water.
Nutrition Facts (Grilled Tomato and Stonefruit Salsa)
- Per serving:
- 25 kcal ,
- 0 g fat
- (0 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 0 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 0 mg chol. ,
- 52 mg sodium ,
- 6 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 4 g sugar ,
- 1 g pro.