Grilled Swordfish with Citrus, Saffron, and Mint
- Thaw fish, if frozen. Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels. Set aside. In a small saucepan cook the green onions and garlic in the 2 tablespoons hot oil for 1 to 2 minutes or until onions are soft and garlic is fragrant. Remove saucepan from heat. Crumble saffron threads into oil mixture; stir. Remove from heat and let stand to infuse the saffron.
- Meanwhile, cut a thin slice from one end of each orange and the lemon so fruit will sit level. Working on a cutting board, cut down from the top of the fruit to remove peel and white part of the rind. Working over a bowl to catch juices, remove the sections by cutting into the center of the fruit between one section and the membrane; cut along the other side of each section next to the membrane to free the section. Remove seeds.
- Add saffron oil to bowl with fruit sections and juices. Stir in mint, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper.
- Lightly brush both sides of swordfish steaks with additional olive oil; sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. For a charcoal or gas grill, grill fish on the rack of a covered grill directly over medium heat for 8 to 12 minutes or just until fish flakes when tested with a fork, turning once halfway through cooking time. Gently stir fruit-mint mixture to combine; spoon over fish. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts (Grilled Swordfish with Citrus, Saffron, and Mint)
- Per serving:
- 281 kcal ,
- 16 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 10 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 72 mg chol. ,
- 387 mg sodium ,
- 12 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 7 g sugar ,
- 24 g pro.