Grilled Summer Artichokes
- For mayo, in bowl whisk together mayonnaise, espelette pepper, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic powder, and 1/8 tsp. kosher salt until combined. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- To cook artichokes, bring a large pot of salted water to boiling. Add garlic cloves and lemon halves, squeezing lemon juice into pot before dropping in halves. Add artichokes; bring water to a simmer and cook about 25 minutes or until tender when pierced with a paring knife. Drain and transfer cooked artichokes to cutting board to cool.
- Heat grill to high. Cut artichokes in half lengthwise; scoop out choke and some of the soft inner leaves from around each heart. Season remaining parts with 1/4 tsp. kosher salt and 1/4 tsp. black pepper; drizzle with olive oil.
- Place artichokes on grill, flat sides up; cook about 4 minutes or until golden brown and lightly charred on one side. Turn; cook 4 minutes more or until grill marks appear. Serve with mayo for dipping. Top with additional pepper and/or rosemary, if desired.
From the Test Kitchen
To make ahead, prepare artichokes through Step 2. Wrap in plastic wrap; chill for up to 2 days. Continue as directed.
If the grilled artichokes need to be reheated, place them in a baking dish, cover lightly with foil and reheat in a 350 degrees F oven 10 to 15 minutes or until warm.
Nutrition Facts (Grilled Summer Artichokes)
- Per serving:
- 264 kcal ,
- 24 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat ,
- 13 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 7 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 12 mg chol. ,
- 305 mg sodium ,
- 11 g carb. ,
- 5 g fiber ,
- 1 g sugar ,
- 3 g pro.