Grilled Steak Salad with Fresh Horseradish Dressing
- In a small bowl whisk together the first six ingredients (through garlic), 2 tsp. of the pepper, and 1/4 tsp. of the salt. Chill until needed.
- Season steak with the remaining 1/4 tsp. pepper and 1/4 tsp. salt. Thread onion and tomatoes on separate skewers,* leaving 1/4 inch between pieces. Brush onion and tomatoes with oil. Grill the steak, covered, over medium heat 14 to 18 minutes or until desired doneness, turning once. Grill onion skewers 12 minutes, turning once. Add tomato skewers the last 1 minute of grilling; turn once.
- Let steak stand 5 minutes. Slice into bite-size strips. Coarsely chop the onion.
- Line serving plates with greens. Arrange steak, onions, and tomatoes over greens. Drizzle with 1/2 cup of the dressing. Sprinkle with additional finely shredded fresh horseradish. Pass remaining dressing or cover and chill up to 1 week.
From the Test Kitchen
If using wooden skewers, soak in water 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts (Grilled Steak Salad with Fresh Horseradish Dressing)
- Per serving:
- 338 kcal ,
- 25 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat ,
- 6 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 9 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 75 mg chol. ,
- 223 mg sodium ,
- 10 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 5 g sugar ,
- 19 g pro.