Grilled Shrimp in Coconut Milk Sauce
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails intact if desired. Rinse shrimp; pat dry. In a medium bowl combine 1 Tbsp. of the oil, lime juice, half of the chile pepper and garlic, salt, and black pepper. Add shrimp; toss to coat. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator 30 to 60 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, if using wooden skewers, soak in water 30 minutes. For sauce, in a medium skillet heat remaining 1 Tbsp. oil over medium heat. Add sweet pepper, onion, and remaining chile pepper and garlic; cook 10 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add tomatoes, coconut milk, and tomato paste. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes or until desired consistency. Season to taste with additional salt. Keep warm.
- Thread shrimp onto four long skewers, leaving 1/4 inch between pieces. Grease grill rack. Grill shrimp skewers, uncovered, over medium heat 7 to 9 minutes or until shrimp are opaque, turning once.
- Spoon sauce onto a serving platter or divide among shallow bowls. Top with shrimp skewers and sprinkle with parsley.
From the Test Kitchen
Chile peppers contain oils that can irritate your skin and eyes. Wear plastic or rubber gloves when working with them.
Nutrition Facts (Grilled Shrimp in Coconut Milk Sauce)
- Per serving:
- 195 kcal ,
- 10 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 129 mg chol. ,
- 327 mg sodium ,
- 6 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 2 g sugar ,
- 19 g pro.