Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Mojo Sauce and Black Bean Salad
- For mojo sauce, on a cutting board sprinkle garlic with 1/4 teaspoon salt and the dash pepper. Use the flat side of a knife to mash garlic into a paste. Transfer garlic paste to a bowl. Whisk in 1 tablespoon of the lime juice, the orange juice, and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil.
- For bean salad, in a medium bowl whisk together the remaining 1 tablespoon lime juice and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Add beans, onion, jalapeno pepper, oregano, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and the 1/8 teaspoon pepper; toss to combine.
- Rub pork with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil; sprinkle generously with additional salt and pepper.
- For a charcoal grill, arrange hot coals around a drip pan. Test for medium-hot heat above drip pan. Place pork on grill rack over drip pan. Cover and grill for 30 to 35 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the pork registers 155 degrees F. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium-high. Adjust for indirect cooking. Grill as above.) Transfer pork to a platter; let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Drizzle sliced pork with mojo sauce and serve with bean salad.
From the Test Kitchen
Because chile peppers contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes, avoid direct contact with them as much as possible. When working with chile peppers, wear plastic or rubber gloves. If your bare hands do touch the peppers, wash your hands and nails well with soap and warm water.
Nutrition Facts (Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Mojo Sauce and Black Bean Salad)
- Per serving:
- 434 kcal ,
- 23 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat ,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 15 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 111 mg chol. ,
- 721 mg sodium ,
- 18 g carb. ,
- 5 g fiber ,
- 1 g sugar ,
- 42 g pro.