Grilled Herb Scallops with Balsamic Syrup
- Thaw scallops, if frozen. Rinse scallops; pat dry with paper towels. Place scallops in a resealable plastic bag set in a shallow dish. For marinade, in a small bowl stir together oil, mint, parsley, the 2 tablespoons vinegar, the cheese, lemon peel, and garlic. Pour marinade over scallops. Seal bag; turn to coat scallops. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 to 4 hours, turning bag once or twice.
- Drain scallops, discarding marinade. Thread each scallop onto a 6-inch skewer.*
- For a charcoal or gas grill, grill scallops on the greased rack of a covered grill directly over medium-hot heat for 6 to 8 minutes or until scallops are opaque, turning once halfway through grilling time.
- Meanwhile, in a small heavy saucepan bring the 1/2 cup vinegar to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 4 to 5 minutes or until vinegar is reduced by half.
- Serve scallops with arugula. Drizzle with the reduced vinegar.
From the Test Kitchen
If using wooden skewers, soak in water for at least 30 minutes; drain before using.
Icon: gluten free
Scallops tend to be low in mercury and sustainably harvested, making them a great seafood choice.
Nutrition Facts (Grilled Herb Scallops with Balsamic Syrup)
- Per serving:
- 244 kcal ,
- 15 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 10 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 28 mg chol. ,
- 478 mg sodium ,
- 11 g carb. ,
- 0 g fiber ,
- 6 g sugar ,
- 15 g pro.
April Wesson Driggers 1415 Days Ago
So how many in a serving?