Grilled Chicken-Finger Fajitas with Peppers and Onions
- In a small bowl stir together the Mexican crema and taco seasoning; set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the chicken tenderloins, fajita seasoning, olive oil, lime juice, and hot sauce; toss until well coated. Set aside.
- Brush the poblano, red sweet pepper, and onion pieces with oil; season with salt. For charcoal or gas grill, grill the vegetables on the rack of a covered grill directly over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender and slightly charred, turning occasionally. Remove from grill.
- Add chicken to the grill. Cover and grill for 4 to 5 minutes or until no longer pink, turning once. Transfer to a serving platter.
- Add tortillas to the grill. Grill for 20 to 30 seconds per side or until heated through.
- Chop vegetables into bite-size pieces and place in a serving bowl.
From the Test Kitchen
Because chile peppers contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes, avoid direct contact with them as much as possible. When working with chile peppers, wear plastic or rubber gloves. If your bare hands do touch the peppers, wash your hands and nails well with soap and warm water.
Nutrition Facts (Grilled Chicken-Finger Fajitas with Peppers and Onions)
- Per serving:
- 785 kcal ,
- 47 g fat
- (13 g sat. fat ,
- 6 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 21 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 86 mg chol. ,
- 1976 mg sodium ,
- 64 g carb. ,
- 6 g fiber ,
- 9 g sugar ,
- 28 g pro.