Grilled Cedar-Planked Brie
The day before:
- Soak cedar plank in enough water to cover overnight (weight plank down to keep it submerged during soaking).
- Meanwhile, for peach relish, in a medium stainless-steel, enamel, or nonstick saucepan combine peaches, brown sugar, vinegar, raisins, red onion, pickled ginger, chili powder, and curry powder. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, about 45 minutes or until thickened, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; cool for 1 to 2 hours. Transfer to a storage container; cover and chill overnight.
- Drain cedar plank and place in a resealable plastic bag. Tote at room temperature. Tote peach relish and cheese in an insulated cooler with ice packs.
- At the tailgating site, prepare grill (with a cover). For a charcoal grill, heat cedar plank on the grill rack directly over medium coals for 3 to 5 minutes or until it begins to char and pop. Turn plank over. If desired, slice the top off cheese. Place cheese on charred side of plank. Cover and grill for 10 to 12 minutes or until cheese is softened and sides just begin to droop. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Heat cedar plank on grill rack as above. Turn plank over and add cheese. Cover and grill as above.)
- Meanwhile, transfer peach relish to a small disposable foil pan. While the cheese is grilling, add relish to grill. Cover and reheat for 5 to 10 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- To serve, spoon some of the peach relish on top of cheese. Serve with crackers and the remaining peach relish.
From the Test Kitchen
If you like, leave some of the peaches in slices rather than chopping all of them.
14x5x1/2-inch cedar grill plank
Insulated cooler with ice packs
On-site grill (with a cover)
Small disposable foil pan
Nutrition Facts (Grilled Cedar-Planked Brie )
- Per serving:
- 288 kcal ,
- 14 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 4 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 38 mg chol. ,
- 387 mg sodium ,
- 31 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 20 g sugar ,
- 10 g pro.