Grilled Baby Veggies with Arugula-Mint Pesto Sauce
- For sauce, in a blender or food processor combine arugula, the 1/2 cup mint, the oil, pine nuts, lime juice, and garlic. Cover; blend or process until smooth, scraping down sides as needed. Add cheese. Cover and blend or process just until combined. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Halve any large carrots lengthwise. Cook carrots in a small amount of boiling water about 5 minutes or just until tender; drain well. Place carrots, shallots, sweet peppers, mushrooms, zucchini, and pattypan squash in a resealable bag set in a large bowl. Add 1/4 cup of the sauce to bag. Seal bag; turn to distribute sauce evenly over vegetables.
- Lightly coat an unheated grill wok with cooking spray. For a charcoal or gas grill, preheat the grill wok on the rack of a covered grill for 1 minute. Add the vegetable mixture to wok. Cover and grill vegetables in wok about 25 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir tomatoes into vegetable mixture.
- Place remaining sauce in a small serving bowl. Arrange vegetables on a platter; serve with sauce. If desired, sprinkle vegetables with additional mint leaves.
From the Test Kitchen
*TO TOAST NUTS:
To toast pine nuts, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread pine nuts in a shallow baking pan. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until light brown, watching carefully and shaking once or twice.
Nutrition Facts (Grilled Baby Veggies with Arugula-Mint Pesto Sauce)
- Per serving:
- 157 kcal ,
- 13 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 8 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 1 mg chol. ,
- 92 mg sodium ,
- 9 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 3 g sugar ,
- 3 g pro.