Green Beans with Pancetta with Brown Butter
- In a 4-quart saucepan cook green beans, covered, in boiling salted water for 4 to 7 minutes until crisp-tender. Drain; set beans aside.
- In an extra-large skillet cook pancetta over medium heat until crisp. Drain pancetta on paper towels, reserving drippings in the skillet.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add shallots to reserved drippings. Cook for 4 minutes or until golden brown and beginning to crisp, stirring frequently. Using tongs, transfer shallots to a paper towel-lined plate. Season to taste with salt.
- Add butter to the drippings in the skillet. Melt butter over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium-low. Continue to cook, without stirring, for about 4 minutes or until butter becomes light brown and fragrant. Reduce heat to low. Add chestnuts slices, green beans, and pancetta. Cook for 2 to 4 minutes, or to heat through, stirring occasionally. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately topped with shallots. Makes 8 to 10 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
If desired, green beans can be cooked ahead of time as directed in step 1. Cool completely and refrigerate until needed. On the day of service, continue with step 2 as directed.
Nutrition Facts (Green Beans with Pancetta with Brown Butter )
- Per serving:
- 213 kcal ,
- 13 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 2 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 28 mg chol. ,
- 310 mg sodium ,
- 20 g carb. ,
- 4 g fiber ,
- 6 g sugar ,
- 6 g pro.
Nancy Repetti 971 Days Ago