Recipes and Cooking Greek Stuffed Meatballs Be the first to rate & review! Kasseri (kuh-SEHR-ee) are salty, sharp cheese doused with ouzo, a Greek liqueur, and lit on fire at Greek restaurants. Find them nestled inside these Mediterranean meatballs. Opa! By BHG Test Kitchen BHG Test Kitchen The Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen has been in continuous operation for nearly 100 years, developing and testing practical, reliable recipes that readers can enjoy at home. The Test Kitchen team includes culinary specialists, food stylists, registered and licensed nutritionists, and other experts with Bachelor of Science degrees in food science, food and nutrition, or culinary arts. Together, the team tests more than 2,500 recipes, produces more than 2,500 food images, and creates more than 1,000 food videos each year in the state-of-the-art test kitchen. Learn about BHG's Editorial Process Updated on September 16, 2019 Print Rate It Share Share Tweet Pin Email Photo: Jason Donnelly Prep Time: 40 mins Bake Time: 25 mins Slow Cook Time: 3 hrs Total Time: 40 mins Yield: 42 meatballs Jump to Nutrition Facts Ingredients 2 eggs 1 cup seasoned fine dry bread crumbs ¼ cup finely chopped pimiento-stuffed green olives ¼ cup finely chopped black olives ¼ cup chopped flat-leaf (Italian) parsley 4 cloves garlic, minced 1 teaspoon salt ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper 1 pound lean ground beef 1 pound ground lamb 6 ounce kasseri or feta cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes 1 recipe Greek Tomato Sauce Greek Tomato Sauce ½ cup chopped onion (1 medium) 1 clove garlic, minced 1 tablespoon olive oil 1 8 ounce can tomato sauce ¼ cup dry red wine or beef broth 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon Directions Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl beat eggs with a fork. Stir in bread crumbs, green olives, black olives, parsley, garlic, salt, and pepper. Add ground beef and ground lamb; mix until thoroughly combined. Shape meat mixture into a ball around each cheese cube, being sure to completely enclose the cheese. Arrange meatballs in a single layer in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Bake, uncovered, for 25 minutes. Drain well. Place meatballs in a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker. Pour Greek Tomato Sauce over meatballs in slow cooker, gently tossing to coat. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours or on high-heat setting for 1-1/2 to 2 hours. Serve immediately or keep warm, covered, on warm setting or low-heat setting for up to 2 hours. Serve with decorative toothpicks. Greek Tomato Sauce In a medium saucepan cook onion and garlic in hot oil until tender. Stir in tomato sauce, wine, oregano, and cinnamon. Heat through. Rate it Print Nutrition Facts (per serving) 104 Calories 7g Fat 5g Carbs 6g Protein Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label Nutrition Facts Calories 104 % Daily Value * Total Fat 7g 9% Saturated Fat 3g 15% Cholesterol 30mg 10% Sodium 448mg 19% Total Carbohydrate 5g 2% Total Sugars 2g Protein 6g Vitamin C 4.1mg 21% Calcium 40.4mg 3% Iron 1.1mg 6% Potassium 222mg 5% Folate, total 8.1mcg Vitamin B-12 0.5mcg Vitamin B-6 0.1mg *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.