Greek Meatballs with Squash "Noodles" and Tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a 15x10-inch baking pan with foil. In a large bowl combine yogurt, bread crumbs, mint, and 1/2 tsp. of the garlic salt. Add ground meat; mix well. Shape into 16 meatballs and place in one side of prepared baking pan.
- Wash and dry bowl. In bowl combine squash, tomatoes, oregano, and remaining 1/4 tsp. garlic salt. Drizzle with oil; toss to coat. Mound in other side of baking pan.
- Bake 30 minutes or until meatballs are done (160 degrees F) and squash is tender, tossing squash mixture once. (Squash will reduce in volume and release quite a bit of liquid as it cooks.)
- Using tongs, transfer squash mixture to a platter. Top with meatballs and if desired, cheese. Top with pepper and additional oregano. Serve with lemon wedges.
From the Test Kitchen
How to Spiralize Summer Squash
The easiest way to create noodle-style strings of summer squash is to purchase a spiralizer vegetable slicer, such as the Parderno World Cuisine Tri-Blade Vegetable Spiral Slicer. You can also use a vegetable peeler to make thin, lengthwise slices of summer squash. Use a paring knife to cut each slice lengthwise into noodle-like pieces.
Nutrition Facts (Greek Meatballs with Squash "Noodles" and Tomatoes)
- Per serving:
- 301 kcal ,
- 15 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 7 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 75 mg chol. ,
- 288 mg sodium ,
- 14 g carb. ,
- 4 g fiber ,
- 8 g sugar ,
- 29 g pro.