Greek Leeks and Shrimp Stir-Fry
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Rinse shrimp; pat dry with paper towels.
- For sauce, in a bowl combine the 2/3 cup water, the lemon juice, cornstarch, and 1/4 tsp. of the oregano.
- In another bowl combine couscous, salt, and the remaining 1/2 tsp. oregano. Stir in the boiling water. Cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in an extra-large skillet or wok heat oil over medium-high heat. Add leeks; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until tender. Remove from skillet. Stir sauce; add to hot skillet. Bring to boiling. Add shrimp; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp are opaque. Return leeks to skillet; stir in 1/4 cup of the cheese.
- Fluff couscous with a fork. Serve shrimp mixture over couscous. Sprinkle with fresh herbs (if desired) and the remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
From the Test Kitchen
Trim the stem and tough leaf ends off leeks. Cut the leeks in half lengthwise, then slice. Since dirt is often trapped between the layers, rinse leeks with water and drain well. A salad spinner works great for this.
Nutrition Facts (Greek Leeks and Shrimp Stir-Fry)
- Per serving:
- 433 kcal ,
- 10 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 4 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 232 mg chol. ,
- 548 mg sodium ,
- 45 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 2 g sugar ,
- 38 g pro.