Grape-Glazed Almond Butter Shortbread
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine butter, almond butter, brown sugar, and salt. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined. Gradually beat in half of the flour. Stir in remaining flour with a spatula or wooden spoon.
- On a piece of waxed paper pat dough into an 8x6-inch rectangle; cut into 48 equal pieces (about 1-inch squares). Roll pieces into balls; place 2 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheet. Using a flat-bottom measuring cup dipped in flour, flatten dough balls to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Bake 12 minutes or until lightly browned and tops of cookies are set. Remove cookie sheet from oven. Stir jam to create a spreadable consistency. Top each cookie with a generous 1/2 tsp. jam, spreading jam to edges. Return to oven; bake 2 minutes more. While cookies are warm, top with sliced almonds and candies or sea salt, if desired.
From the Test Kitchen
If you use regular peanut butter, the dough will be a bit softer. Cover and chill for 30 to 60 minutes until firm enough to shape and cut.
Place cookies in a single layer in an airtight container. Refrigerate up to 3 days or freeze up to 1 month. Thaw before serving.
Nutrition Facts (Grape-Glazed Almond Butter Shortbread)
- Per serving:
- 90 kcal ,
- 5 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 2 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 10 mg chol. ,
- 66 mg sodium ,
- 10 g carb. ,
- 0 g fiber ,
- 5 g sugar ,
- 1 g pro.