Recipes and Cooking Gluten-Free Waffles Be the first to rate & review! Grab the maple syrup! Start your morning right with a plate of gluten-free waffles the whole family will enjoy. Use our recipe for homemade gluten-free flour mix to keep on hand for all your gluten-free baking needs. By BHG Test Kitchen BHG Test Kitchen The Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen has been in continuous operation for nearly 100 years, developing and testing practical, reliable recipes that readers can enjoy at home. The Test Kitchen team includes culinary specialists, food stylists, registered and licensed nutritionists, and other experts with Bachelor of Science degrees in food science, food and nutrition, or culinary arts. Together, the team tests more than 2,500 recipes, produces more than 2,500 food images, and creates more than 1,000 food videos each year in the state-of-the-art test kitchen. Learn about BHG's Editorial Process Updated on April 23, 2021 Print Rate It Share Share Tweet Pin Email Photo: Andy Lyons Prep Time: 20 mins Total Time: 20 mins Servings: 12 Yield: 12 to16 (4-inch) waffles Jump to Nutrition Facts Ingredients 1 ¾ cup Gluten-Free Flour Mix (recipe below) 2 tablespoon sugar 1 tablespoon gluten-free baking powder ¼ teaspoon salt 2 eggs, lightly beaten 1 ¾ cup milk ⅓ cup butter, melted 1 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla Butter and/or desired gluten-free syrup (optional) Gluten-Free Flour Mix 3 cup white rice flour 3 cup potato starch 2 cup sorghum flour 4 teaspoon xanthan gum Directions In a medium bowl stir together Gluten-Free Flour Mix, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Make a well in center of flour mixture. In another medium bowl combine eggs, milk, melted butter, and vanilla. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be slightly lumpy). Let stand 5 minutes to thicken slightly. Add batter to a preheated, lightly greased waffle baker according to manufacturer's directions (use a regular or Belgian waffle baker). Close lid quickly; do not open until done. Bake according to manufacturer's directions. When done, use a fork to lift waffle off grid. Repeat with remaining batter. Serve warm. If desired, top with additional butter and/or syrup. Gluten-Free Flour Mix In a large airtight container whisk together rice flour, potato starch, sorghum flour, and xanthan gum. Cover and store at room temperature for up to 3 months. Chocolate Waffles Prepare as directed, except reduce Gluten-Free Flour Mix to 1 1/2 cups, increase sugar to 1/4 cup, and add 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder to flour mixture. Fold 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips into batter. (Lightly coat the waffle baker with gluten-free nonstick cooking spray between each waffle to prevent sticking.) If desired, top with gluten-free chocolate-flavor syrup.Nutrition analysis per serving: same as above except 186 calories, 4 g protein, 27 g carbohydrate, 8 g total fat, (5 g sat. fat), 8 g total sugar, 5% iron Tip Double or even triple this recipe to have our gluten-free flour mix on hand for future baking and cooking recipes. Rate it Print Nutrition Facts (per serving) 167 Calories 7g Fat 23g Carbs 3g Protein Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe 12 Calories 167 % Daily Value * Total Fat 7g 9% Saturated Fat 4g 20% Cholesterol 47mg 16% Sodium 246mg 11% Total Carbohydrate 23g 8% Total Sugars 4g Protein 3g Vitamin C 0.1mg 1% Calcium 120mg 9% Iron 0.5mg 3% Potassium 91mg 2% Folate, total 7.3mcg Vitamin B-12 0.3mcg Vitamin B-6 0.1mg *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.