Gluten Free Thai Chicken-Noodle Soup
- In a small bowl combine tomatoes and peanut butter; set aside. In a 4-quart Dutch oven heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken, garlic, and ginger; cook about 5 minutes or until chicken is browned, stirring frequently.
- Stir in tomato mixture; stir in broth and fish sauce. Bring to boiling. Stir in noodles; reduce heat. Simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in cabbage. Simmer about 5 minutes more or just until cabbage is tender. Remove from heat. Stir in bean sprouts and green onions.
- Ladle soup into bowls. If desired, top each serving with cilantro, peanuts, and/or crushed red pepper.
From the Test Kitchen
If you like it a little spicy, add a seeded and finely chopped fresh serrano chile pepper* with the chicken mixture.
*Tip: Because chile peppers contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes, avoid direct contact with them as much as possible. When working with chile peppers, wear plastic or rubber gloves. If your bare hands do touch the peppers, wash your hands and nails well with soap and warm water.
Nutrition Facts (Gluten Free Thai Chicken-Noodle Soup)
- Per serving:
- 334 kcal ,
- 16 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 5 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 7 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 72 mg chol. ,
- 1011 mg sodium ,
- 24 g carb. ,
- 4 g fiber ,
- 6 g sugar ,
- 25 g pro.