Gluten Free Shrimp and Soba Noodles
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails intact if desired. Rinse shrimp; pat dry with paper towels.
- In a Dutch oven cook soba in a large amount of boiling water for 4 minutes. Stir in broccoli; cook for 2 minutes. Stir in shrimp; cook for 2 to 3 minutes more or until shrimp are opaque and noodles are tender but still firm.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl stir together peanut butter and tamari. Stir in vinegar, sesame oil, chile oil, ginger, and garlic.
- Drain noodle mixture; return to Dutch oven. Add peanut butter mixture, green onions, and nuts; toss gently to coat.
From the Test Kitchen
If you can't find chile oil at your supermarket or local Asian food store, substitute 1 tablespoon vegetable oil plus a dash of bottled hot pepper sauce for the 1 tablespoon chile oil.
Nutrition Facts (Gluten Free Shrimp and Soba Noodles)
- Per serving:
- 292 kcal ,
- 12 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 5 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 112 mg chol. ,
- 739 mg sodium ,
- 25 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 3 g sugar ,
- 23 g pro.