Gluten Free Pumpkin, Bean, and Chicken Enchiladas
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly coat a 2-quart rectangular baking dish with cooking spray; set aside. In a medium saucepan heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and jalapeno pepper; cook about 5 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in pumpkin, 1-1/2 cups of the water, the chili powder, salt, and cumin. Cook and stir until heated through. If necessary, stir in enough of the remaining 1/4 cup water to reach desired consistency.
- Place beans in a large bowl; mash slightly with a fork. Stir in half of the pumpkin mixture, the chicken, and 1/4 cup of the cheese.
- Spoon a generous 1/3 cup of the bean mixture onto each tortilla. Roll up tortillas; place, seam sides down, in the prepared baking dish. Pour the remaining pumpkin mixture over tortilla rolls.
- Bake, covered, for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup cheese. Bake, uncovered, about 10 minutes more or until heated through. If desired, serve with pico de gallo and lime wedges.
From the Test Kitchen
To soften tortillas, place tortillas between paper towels. Microwave on 100 percent power (high) for 30 to 40 seconds.
Nutrition Facts (Gluten Free Pumpkin, Bean, and Chicken Enchiladas)
- Per serving:
- 357 kcal ,
- 8 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 54 mg chol. ,
- 465 mg sodium ,
- 44 g carb. ,
- 12 g fiber ,
- 5 g sugar ,
- 28 g pro.