Gluten Free Mini Pizzas with Spaghetti Squash Crusts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cut squash in half lengthwise; remove and discard seeds. Brush the insides of squash halves with oil. Place squash halves, cut sides down, in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until squash is tender. Remove from oven; cool slightly.
- Preheat broiler. Using a fork, remove squash pulp from shells. Place squash pulp in a colander set in the sink and press with a spatula to remove any excess moisture.
- For crusts, line two large baking sheets with foil; coat foil with cooking spray. In a medium bowl combine egg, basil, and salt. Stir in drained squash. Spoon squash mixture into six mounds (about 1/2 cup each) onto the prepared baking sheets. Spread each mound into a 6-inch circle; lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Broil crusts, one baking sheet at a time, about 4 inches from the heat about 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Top with desired pizza toppings. Broil about 2 minutes more or until toppings are heated through and cheese(s) (if using) are melted.*
From the Test Kitchen
After broiling one pan of mini pizzas, place them on the bottom oven rack to keep warm while broiling the second pan of pizzas.
Quick Gluten-Free Marinara Sauce
- Place tomatoes in a food processor or blender. Cover and process or blend until nearly smooth. Stir in basil; set aside.
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir until garlic is lightly browned. Stir in tomato mixture, crushed red pepper, salt, and black pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes. Use on pasta, pizzas, and bruschetta.
Nutrition Facts (Quick Gluten-Free Marinara Sauce)
- Per serving:
- 26 kcal ,
- 1 g fat
- ( 0 g sat. fat ,
- 0 mg chol. ,
- 172 mg sodium ,
- 3 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 1 g pro.
Nutrition Facts (Gluten Free Mini Pizzas with Spaghetti Squash Crusts)
- Per serving:
- 91 kcal ,
- 4 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 2 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 31 mg chol. ,
- 238 mg sodium ,
- 13 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 5 g sugar ,
- 2 g pro.