Gluten Free Greek Turkey Breast
- In a 4-quart slow cooker combine onions, olives, dried tomatoes, broth, lemon juice, 2 teaspoons of the Greek seasoning, and the garlic.
- In a small bowl whisk together oil, salt, pepper, and the remaining 1 teaspoon Greek seasoning. Brush turkey with oil mixture. Place turkey in cooker, trimming to fit if necessary.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 hours.
- Remove turkey from cooker; slice turkey. Arrange turkey slices on a serving platter. Spoon onion-tomato mixture over turkey. Sprinkle with cheese (if desired) and serve with Greek Cucumber Sauce.
From the Test Kitchen
For easy cleanup:
Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, remove turkey from cooker; slice turkey and serve as directed in recipe. Once the food is out of your slow cooker liner, simply dispose of the liner. Note: Do not lift or transport liner with food inside.
Greek Cucumber Sauce
- In a medium bowl combine 1 cup plain Greek yogurt, 2/3 cup peeled and grated English cucumber, 2 teaspoons snipped fresh mint, and 1 clove garlic, minced. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving. Makes 1 1/2 cups.
Nutrition Facts (Gluten Free Greek Turkey Breast )
- Per serving:
- 329 kcal ,
- 16 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat ,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 7 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 87 mg chol. ,
- 490 mg sodium ,
- 12 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 6 g sugar ,
- 35 g pro.