Gluten-Free Fish Tacos with Cabbage and Pepper Slaw
- Thaw fish, if frozen. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels. Cut fish into 1-inch pieces. In a large bowl toss together fish, tomatillos, oil, garlic, orange peel, and lime peel. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Cut six 12-inch-square pieces of foil. Place about 2/3 cup of the fish mixture in the center of each foil square. Fold foil in half diagonally to form a triangle. Fold edges together two or three times to seal, leaving space for steam to build. Place packets in a single layer on a large baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork (carefully open a packet to check doneness).
- Meanwhile, in a dry skillet heat each tortilla over medium-high heat about 30 seconds or until softened, turning once.
- To serve, carefully open packets. Divide fish mixture among tortillas. Top with Cabbage and Chile Pepper Slaw.
Cabbage and Chile Pepper Slaw
- In a medium bowl combine cabbage, red onion, carrot, poblano pepper, and cilantro. For dressing, in a small bowl combine olive oil, lime juice and orange juice. Season with salt. Pour dressing over cabbage mixture; toss to coat.
From the Test Kitchen
Because chile peppers contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes, avoid direct contact with them as much as possible. When working with chile peppers, wear plastic or rubber gloves. If your bare hands do touch the peppers, wash your hands and nails well with soap and warm water.
Nutrition Facts (Gluten-Free Fish Tacos with Cabbage and Pepper Slaw)
- Per serving:
- 341 kcal ,
- 13 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 7 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 36 mg chol. ,
- 293 mg sodium ,
- 30 g carb. ,
- 5 g fiber ,
- 3 g sugar ,
- 28 g pro.