Gluten Free Chimichurri Chicken
- Brush both sides of chicken with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and the black pepper.
- Lightly coat a grill pan or an extra-large skillet with cooking spray; heat pan over medium heat. Add chicken to grill pan; cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until no longer pink (170 degrees F), turning once.
- Meanwhile, place beans in a 1-1/2-quart microwave-safe dish. Add the water. Cover dish with vented plastic wrap. Microwave on 100% power (high) for 3 minutes; drain.
- For sauce, in a small food processor or blender combine the remaining 2 tablespoons oil, the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, the parsley, vinegar, garlic, and crushed red pepper. Cover and process or blend until nearly smooth.
- Finely shred peel from lemon. Serve chicken and beans topped with sauce and lemon peel. Squeeze lemon juice over top.
From the Test Kitchen
If using naturally raised chicken, look for the certified organic label. It is the only term used on poultry that is regulated by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, and it means that the feed is certified organic and the birds must be raised free range.
Nutrition Facts (Gluten Free Chimichurri Chicken )
- Per serving:
- 281 kcal ,
- 12 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 7 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 2 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 82 mg chol. ,
- 376 mg sodium ,
- 8 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 2 g sugar ,
- 35 g pro.