Recipes and Cooking Gluten-Free Cake Donuts Be the first to rate & review! Gluten-free donuts? Yes, please! These delightful donuts will pair perfectly with your weekend brunch. Try our spiced donut variation for more flavor. By BHG Test Kitchen BHG Test Kitchen The Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen has been in continuous operation for nearly 100 years, developing and testing practical, reliable recipes that readers can enjoy at home. The Test Kitchen team includes culinary specialists, food stylists, registered and licensed nutritionists, and other experts with Bachelor of Science degrees in food science, food and nutrition, or culinary arts. Together, the team tests more than 2,500 recipes, produces more than 2,500 food images, and creates more than 1,000 food videos each year in the state-of-the-art test kitchen. Learn about BHG's Editorial Process Updated on October 2, 2020 Print Rate It Share Share Tweet Pin Email Photo: Blaine Moats Prep Time: 45 mins Chill Time: 1 hrs Total Time: 45 mins Servings: 18 Yield: about 18 donuts + holes Jump to Nutrition Facts Ingredients 4 cup Gluten-Free Flour Mix (see recipe below) 2 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder ½ teaspoon salt 2 eggs 1 ¼ cup granulated sugar 1 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla ⅔ cup milk ¼ cup butter, melted Vegetable oil or shortening for deep-fat frying Gluten-free powdered sugar (optional) Gluten Free Flour Mix 3 cup white rice flour 3 cup potato starch 2 cup sorghum flour 4 teaspoon xanthan gum Directions In a medium bowl stir together Gluten-Free Flour Mix, baking powder, and salt. In a large bowl beat eggs, sugar, and vanilla with a mixer on medium 3 minutes or until thickened. In a small bowl combine milk and melted butter. Add flour mixture and milk mixture alternately to egg mixture, beating on low after each addition just until combined. (Stir in the last of the flour mixture if needed.) Cover and chill dough 1 hour or until easy to handle. Lightly sprinkle a work surface with additional flour mix. Roll dough until 1/2 inch thick. Using a floured 2 1/2-inch donut cutter, cut out dough. Dip cutter into flour mix between cuts and reroll scraps as needed. In a large heavy saucepan heat 1 to 2 inches oil to 365°F. Fry donuts, two or three at a time, 2 minutes or until golden, turning once. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Cool donuts slightly and coat with additional granulated sugar (cool completely to coat with powdered sugar). Gluten Free Flour Mix In a large airtight container whisk together rice flour, potato starch, sorghum flour, and xanthan gum. Cover and store at room temperature for up to 3 months. Spiced Donuts Prepare as directed, except stir 1 tsp. ground cinnamon, 1/2 tsp. ground ginger, and 1/8 tsp. ground cloves into the flour mixture and coat warm doughnuts in a mixture of 2/3 cup granulated sugar and 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon.Nutrition analysis per serving: same as above except 353 calories, 52 g carbohydrate, 22 g total sugar, 3% iron Tip Double or even triple this recipe to have our gluten-free flour mix on hand for future baking and cooking recipes. Rate it Print Nutrition Facts (per serving) 324 Calories 16g Fat 44g Carbs 2g Protein Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe 18 Calories 324 % Daily Value * Total Fat 16g 21% Saturated Fat 3g 15% Cholesterol 28mg 9% Sodium 161mg 7% Total Carbohydrate 44g 16% Total Sugars 15g Protein 2g Vitamin C 0.1mg 0% Calcium 50mg 4% Iron 0.4mg 2% Potassium 63mg 1% Folate, total 5.4mcg Vitamin B-12 0.1mcg Vitamin B-6 0.1mg *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.