Recipes and Cooking Gluten Free Banana Bread Be the first to rate & review! Ditch the wheat but keep all the warmly-spiced goodness with this delicious gluten-free banana bread recipe. By BHG Test Kitchen BHG Test Kitchen The Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen has been in continuous operation for nearly 100 years, developing and testing practical, reliable recipes that readers can enjoy at home. The Test Kitchen team includes culinary specialists, food stylists, registered and licensed nutritionists, and other experts with Bachelor of Science degrees in food science, food and nutrition, or culinary arts. Together, the team tests more than 2,500 recipes, produces more than 2,500 food images, and creates more than 1,000 food videos each year in the state-of-the-art test kitchen. Learn about BHG's Editorial Process Updated on February 25, 2022 Print Rate It Share Share Tweet Pin Email Photo: Andy Lyons Prep Time: 25 mins Bake Time: 55 mins Cool Time: 10 mins Total Time: 25 mins Servings: 16 Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices) Jump to Nutrition Facts Ingredients 5 unpeeled bananas 2 cup Gluten-Free Flour Mix (recipe below) 1 ½ teaspoon gluten-free baking powder ½ teaspoon baking soda ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon ¼ teaspoon salt ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg ⅛ teaspoon ground ginger 2 eggs, lightly beaten 1 cup sugar ½ cup vegetable oil or melted butter ¼ cup chopped walnuts Gluten Free Flour Mix 3 cup white rice flour 3 cup potato starch 2 cup sorghum flour 4 teaspoon xanthan gum Directions Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease the bottom(s) and 1/2 inch up the sides of one 9x5x3-inch or two 7 1/2x3 1/2x2-inch loaf pan(s); set aside. Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with foil. Arrange bananas in the foil-lined pan. Prick banana peels with the tines of a fork at 1 inch intervals. Bake for 15 minutes (the peels will turn dark brown). Cool bananas in pan. In a large bowl combine Gluten-Free Flour Mix, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, and ginger. Make a well in the center of flour mixture; set aside. In a medium bowl combine eggs, sugar, and oil; set aside. Split banana peels with a small sharp knife; remove and discard peels. Measure 1 1/2 cups roasted bananas by gently pressing the pulp into measuring cups; stir the roasted bananas into egg mixture. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Fold in walnuts. Spoon batter into the prepared loaf pan(s). Bake for 55 to 60 minutes for the 9-inch pan, 45 to 55 minutes for the 7 1/2-inch pans, or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center(s) comes out clean.* If necessary to prevent overbrowning, cover loosely with foil for the last 15 minutes of baking. Cool in pan(s) on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan(s). Cool completely on wire rack. Wrap and store overnight before slicing. (The quick bread's texture will be more evenly moist and less crumbly after standing.) Gluten Free Flour Mix In a large airtight container whisk together rice flour, potato starch, sorghum flour, and xanthan gum. Cover and store at room temperature for up to 3 months. *Tip: When you remove the toothpick, a few crumbs may be clinging to it, but there should not be any unbaked batter on the toothpick. Tip Double or even triple this recipe to have our gluten-free flour mix on hand for future baking and cooking recipes. Rate it Print Nutrition Facts (per serving) 234 Calories 9g Fat 38g Carbs 2g Protein Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe 16 Calories 234 % Daily Value * Total Fat 9g 12% Saturated Fat 1g 5% Cholesterol 23mg 8% Sodium 136mg 6% Total Carbohydrate 38g 14% Total Sugars 17g Protein 2g Vitamin C 3.2mg 16% Calcium 35mg 3% Iron 0.5mg 3% Potassium 167mg 4% Folate, total 13.4mcg Vitamin B-12 0.1mcg Vitamin B-6 0.2mg *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.