Gluten Free Apple-Pistachio Crisp
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 2-quart square baking dish. In a large bowl combine apples and granulated sugar; spoon into the prepared baking dish. Set aside.
- For topping, in a medium bowl combine oats, brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in nuts. Sprinkle topping over apple mixture.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is golden brown. (If necessary, cover with foil for the last 10 minutes of baking to prevent overbrowning.) Serve warm
From the Test Kitchen
Peach or Cherry Pistachio Crisp:
Prepare as directed, except substitute 6 cups sliced, peeled ripe peaches or pitted fresh tart red cherries (or two 16-ounce packages frozen unsweetened peach slices or frozen pitted tart red cherries) for the apples. For the filling, increase granulated sugar to 1/2 cup and add 3 tablespoons gluten-free all-purpose flour. If using frozen fruit, bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until filling is bubbly across entire surface (if necessary to prevent overbrowning, cover with foil for the last 10 minutes of baking).
Nutrition Facts (Gluten Free Apple-Pistachio Crisp)
- Per serving:
- 291 kcal ,
- 11 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 20 mg chol. ,
- 97 mg sodium ,
- 49 g carb. ,
- 4 g fiber ,
- 36 g sugar ,
- 3 g pro.