Recipes and Cooking Glazed Roast Turkey Be the first to rate & review! This roast turkey recipe, complete with glaze options, is a compilation of our Test Kitchen's best advice from 90 years of testing and tasting Thanksgiving turkeys. By BHG Test Kitchen BHG Test Kitchen The Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen has been in continuous operation for nearly 100 years, developing and testing practical, reliable recipes that readers can enjoy at home. The Test Kitchen team includes culinary specialists, food stylists, registered and licensed nutritionists, and other experts with Bachelor of Science degrees in food science, food and nutrition, or culinary arts. Together, the team tests more than 2,500 recipes, produces more than 2,500 food images, and creates more than 1,000 food videos each year in the state-of-the-art test kitchen. Learn about BHG's Editorial Process Published on October 13, 2020 Print Rate It Share Share Tweet Pin Email Photo: Blaine Moats Hands On Time: 20 mins Total Time: 4 hrs 35 mins Servings: 14 Jump to Nutrition Facts Ingredients 1 14-16 pound turkey 2 tablespoon butter, softened Double Mustard-Brown Sugar Glaze or Hot Honey-Sesame Glaze Directions Preheat oven to 325°F. Skewer neck skin of turkey to back. Tuck ends of drumsticks under band of skin across the tail. If there's no band of skin, tie drumsticks securely to tail. Twist wing tips under back. Rub turkey all over with softened butter. Place turkey, breast side down, on a rack in a roasting pan. If desired, insert an oven-going thermometer into the center of an inside thigh muscle. It should not touch bone. Cover loosely with foil. Roast 2 1/4 hours. Remove foil; turn turkey, breast side up, using turkey lifters. Cut band of skin or string between drumsticks so thighs cook evenly. Continue roasting for 1 3/4 to 2 1/4 hours or until thermometer registers 175°F. Juices should run clear, and drumsticks should move easily in their sockets. Brush turkey occasionally with desired glaze the last 45 minutes of roasting. Remove turkey from oven. Cover with foil; let stand 15 to 20 minutes before carving. Makes about 14 servings. Hot Honey-Sesame Glaze: In a small saucepan combine 1/4 cup honey, 2 Tbsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce, 2 Tbsp. unseasoned rice vinegar, 2 to 3 Tbsp. Korean chili paste (gochujang), 1 Tbsp. grated fresh ginger, and 3 minced cloves garlic. Cook and stir until bubbly. Boil gently, uncovered, 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in 1 Tbsp. sesame seeds and, if desired, 1 tsp. toasted sesame oil. Cool to thicken slightly. Makes 3/4 cup.This NA is with the original recipe.50.8% Total fat Double Mustard-Brown Sugar Glaze: In a small saucepan combine 1/4 cup cider vinegar, 1/4 cup packed brown sugar, 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard, and 2 Tbsp. whole grain mustard. Cook and stir until bubbly. Boil gently, uncovered, 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in 2 Tbsp. fresh thyme. Makes 2/3 cup.Note: if desired, brush turkey lightly with olive oil after glazing and removing turkey from oven.Nutrition analysis per serving: 511 calories, 57 g protein, 4 g carbohydrate, 29 g total fat (6 g sat. fat), 214 mg cholesterol, 0 g fiber, 4 g total sugar, 6% Vitamin A, 1% Vitamin C, 632 mg sodium, 4% calcium, 12% iron51.4% Total fat Rate it Print Nutrition Facts (per serving) 522 Calories 29g Fat 6g Carbs 57g Protein Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe 14 Calories 522 % Daily Value * Total Fat 29g 37% Saturated Fat 6g 30% Cholesterol 214mg 71% Sodium 680mg 30% Total Carbohydrate 6g 2% Total Sugars 6g Protein 57g Vitamin C 0.3mg 2% Calcium 50mg 4% Iron 2.1mg 12% Potassium 709mg 15% Fatty acids, total trans 1g Folate, total 18.9mcg Vitamin B-12 3.5mcg Vitamin B-6 1.6mg *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.