Glazed Bizcochito Stars
- Scrape seeds from vanilla bean pod with the tip of a small sharp knife; discard pod. In a food processor combine vanilla bean seeds, sugar, anise seeds, and lemon peel; cover and pulse several times with on/off turns until combined.
- In a large bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar mixture and lemon juice. Beat until fluffy, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in flour and salt until combined. Divide dough in half. Cover and chill 1 hour or until dough is easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F. On a lightly floured surface, roll half of the dough at a time to 1/2 inch thick. Using a 2- to 2 1/2-inch star cookie cutter, cut out dough; reroll scraps as necessary (if necessary, chill scraps before rerolling). Sprinkle cutouts with Cinnamon Sugar. Place cutouts 1 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until edges are firm to the touch. Cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack; cool completely. Spoon Lemon Glaze evenly over cookies. Let cookies stand until glaze is set.
From the Test Kitchen
Layer unglazed cookies between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months. To serve, thaw cookies, if frozen. Spoon Lemon Glaze evenly over cookies. Let cookies stand until glaze is set.
- In a small bowl stir together sugar and cinnamon.
- Beat together 2 cups sifted confectioners sugar, 2 tablespoons milk, 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice and 1/4 teaspoon salt until well blended and smooth.
Nutrition Facts (Glazed Bizcochito Stars)
- Per serving:
- 231 kcal ,
- 10 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 27 mg chol. ,
- 90 mg sodium ,
- 33 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 20 g sugar ,
- 2 g pro.