Gingery Apricot-Glazed Pork Ribs
- Trim fat from ribs. Cut ribs into single-rib portions. Place rib pieces in a large resealable plastic bag set in a shallow dish. For marinade, in a medium bowl combine onion, sherry, vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and black pepper. Pour over ribs; seal bag and turn to coat ribs. Marinate in the refrigerator for 6 to 24 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Drain rib pieces, reserving 1/4 cup of the marinade. Arrange rib pieces, meaty sides up, in a shallow roasting pan. Roast, uncovered, about 1 hour or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan combine apricot preserves, mustard, oil, and cayenne pepper. Add the reserved marinade. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes.
- Brush ribs generously with sauce. Bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes, brushing once or twice with sauce during baking time. Brush with remaining sauce. Sprinkle with sesame seeds before serving.
From the Test Kitchen
Ask your butcher to cut ribs in half across the bones.
Nutrition Facts (Gingery Apricot-Glazed Pork Ribs)
- Per serving:
- 292 kcal ,
- 20 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 9 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 65 mg chol. ,
- 262 mg sodium ,
- 12 g carb. ,
- 8 g sugar ,
- 13 g pro.