Gingered Turkey Meatballs with Sesame-Lime Sauce
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine egg, panko, water chestnuts, cilantro, ginger, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, salt, and cayenne pepper. Add turkey. Mix well.
- Shape into 28 meatballs. Roll meatballs in almonds. Place meatballs in a single layer in a foil-lined 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, for 15 to 20 minutes or until done (165 degrees F)*. Serve warm with Sesame Lime Sauce. Makes 28 meatballs
From the Test Kitchen
*Test Kitchen Tip:
The internal color of a meatball is not a reliable doneness indicator. A poultry meatball cooked to 165 degrees F is safe, regardless of color. To measure the doneness of a meatball, insert an instant-read thermometer into the center of the meatball.
Choose from Splenda® Granular, Equal® Spoonful or packets, or Sweet 'N Low® bulk or packets. Follow package directions to use product amount equivalent to 2 teaspoons sugar.
PER SERVING WITH SUBSTITUTE: same as above except 77 cal.
Sesame Lime Sauce
- In a small bowl combine soy sauce, water, lime juice and sugar. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
Nutrition Facts (Gingered Turkey Meatballs with Sesame-Lime Sauce)
- Per serving:
- 78 kcal ,
- 5 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 2 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 27 mg chol. ,
- 177 mg sodium ,
- 3 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 0 g sugar ,
- 6 g pro.