- In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Gradually add the granulated sugar and brown sugar. Beat until light and fluffy, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the molasses until combined.
- In a small bowl stir together the all-purpose flour, cake flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, baking soda, nutmeg, and cloves. Sprinkle about half the flour mixture over the butter mixture; fold in until combined. Repeat with the remaining flour mixture. Cover and chill batter for 2 to 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease and flour twenty-four 3-inch madeleine molds. Spoon batter into prepared molds, filling each about half full.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are golden and tops spring back when lightly touched. Cool in molds for 1 minute. Using the point of a knife, loosen each madeleine from the mold; invert mold over a wire rack to release madeleines. Let cool. Dust with powdered sugar before serving.
From the Test Kitchen
Layer cookies between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Let molds cool completely between baking batches of madeleines. Grease and flour molds for each batch.
Nutrition Facts (Gingerbread Madeleines)
- Per serving:
- 61 kcal ,
- 2 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 1 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 21 mg chol. ,
- 48 mg sodium ,
- 9 g carb. ,
- 0 g fiber ,
- 6 g sugar ,
- 1 g pro.