Gingerbread Cinnamon Buns
- In a large bowl combine warm water and yeast, stirring to dissolve yeast. Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in evaporated milk, molasses, 1/4 cup brown sugar, egg, oil, and salt. Stir in as much of the flour as you can.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead in enough of the remaining flour to make a moderately soft dough that is smooth and elastic (3 to 5 minutes total). Shape dough into a ball. Place in a lightly greased bowl, turning once to grease surface. Cover and let rise in a warm place until double in size (1 to 1-1/2 hours).
- Punch down dough. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Lightly grease a 13x9x2-inch baking pan; set aside. For filling, in a small bowl combine 1/4 cup brown sugar, the granulated sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves.
- Roll dough into a 12x8-inch rectangle. Spread dough with butter. Sprinkle with filling, leaving 1 inch unfilled along one of the long sides. Roll up rectangle, starting from the filled long side. Pinch dough to seal seams. Cut into 12 slices. Arrange rolls in the prepared pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until nearly double in size (about 45 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake for 22 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Drizzle with Spiced Glaze. If desired, sprinkle with sugared cranberries. Serve warm.
From the Test Kitchen
To make sugared cranberries, roll frozen cranberries in granulated sugar.
- In a small bowl stir together powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon milk, ground cinnamon, and vanilla. Stir in additional milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, to make glaze a drizzling consistency.
Nutrition Facts (Gingerbread Cinnamon Buns)
- Per serving:
- 332 kcal ,
- 6 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 2 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 26 mg chol. ,
- 136 mg sodium ,
- 64 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 32 g sugar ,
- 6 g pro.