Ginger-Lime Chicken Sandwiches
- Halve chicken breasts horizontally. Sprinkle chicken with coarse salt and freshly ground pepper; place in a self-sealing plastic bag set in a shallow dish.
- For marinade, in a medium bowl whisk together cilantro, lime peel, lime juice, olive oil, honey, and ginger. Pour over chicken in bag. Seal bag; turn to coat. Marinate in refrigerator for 1 to 4 hours, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, for garlic mayonnaise in a small bowl combine mayonnaise and garlic. Cover and chill.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade. For a charcoal or gas grill, grill chicken, over medium heat* for 7 to 8 minutes or until no longer pink (170 degrees F), turning once. Brush cut sides of buns lightly with additional olive oil. Grill, cut side down, for 10 seconds or until lightly toasted.
- Spread bun tops with garlic mayonnaise, then assemble: Top bun bottoms with lettuce, chicken breast, red onions, if desired, and bun tops.
From the Test Kitchen
You should be able to hold your hand, palm side down, at the same height as the food that will be grilled for a 4-second count.
Nutrition Facts (Ginger-Lime Chicken Sandwiches)
- Per serving:
- 422 kcal ,
- 24 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat ,
- 8 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 11 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 60 mg chol. ,
- 698 mg sodium ,
- 28 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 8 g sugar ,
- 23 g pro.
Susan Austin 1685 Days Ago
These sandwiches have great flavor. My family loves them!! I double the mayo and grill the kaiser rolls.
Amy Connor 1746 Days Ago
these sandwiches are soooo good, but be careful, they're addicting! My husband has asked for them twice in the last two weeks.