Georgia Sausage and Peach Stuffing
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In a large skillet cook sausage, celery, green onions, sweet pepper, jalapeno peppers, and garlic over medium-high heat about 10 minutes or until sausage is brown and vegetables are tender, using a wooden spoon to break up meat as it cooks. Drain off fat. Stir in sage.
- In an extra-large bowl combine sausage mixture, crumbled Homemade Corn Bread, peaches, pecans, and eggs. Drizzle with enough of the broth to moisten, gently tossing to combine. Transfer to an ungreased 3-quart rectangular baking dish.
- Bake, covered, for 55 to 60 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center of stuffing registers 165 degrees F.
From the Test Kitchen
Because chile peppers contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes, avoid direct contact with them as much as possible. When working with chile peppers, wear plastic or rubber gloves. If your bare hands do touch the peppers, wash your hands and nails well with soap and warm water.
Homemade Corn Bread
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Grease a 9x9x2-inch baking pan; set aside. In a small saucepan cook and stir butter and garlic over medium heat until butter is melted. In a medium bowl stir together cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a small bowl combine eggs, milk, and butter mixture. Add egg mixture all at once to cornmeal mixture. Stir just until moistened. Pour batter into the prepared baking pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts (Georgia Sausage and Peach Stuffing)
- Per serving:
- 382 kcal ,
- 26 g fat
- (9 g sat. fat ,
- 4 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 12 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 106 mg chol. ,
- 756 mg sodium ,
- 23 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 4 g sugar ,
- 14 g pro.