Garlic Pork and Sweet Potato Hash
- In a microwave-safe bowl microcook potatoes, covered with vented plastic wrap, for 8 minutes on high. Carefully uncover; stir once. Set aside. Meanwhile, to butterfly pork slices, cut three-quarters through each; open and flatten slightly. Brush with some of the soy sauce and lightly sprinkle with black pepper.
- In a 12-inch skillet cook garlic in hot oil over medium-high heat just until it begins to turn golden. Remove garlic and set aside. Cook pork in the same skillet for 2 to 3 minutes each side, until 160 degrees F when tested with an instant-read thermometer. Transfer pork to a platter; cover. Add partially cooked potatoes to the skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, until beginning to crisp. Add onions, cook for 1 minute. Spoon onto plates; top with pork and garlic.
- For sauce, in the hot skillet whisk together honey, 2 tablespoons water, and remaining soy sauce until bubbly. Drizzle sauce over pork. Makes 4 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
You want the garlic golden but not too brown. Burnt garlic will be bitter.
Nutrition Facts (Garlic Pork and Sweet Potato Hash)
- Per serving:
- 451 kcal ,
- 16 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 8 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 4 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 107 mg chol. ,
- 449 mg sodium ,
- 39 g carb. ,
- 4 g fiber ,
- 14 g sugar ,
- 37 g pro.
Newt 1787 Days Ago
This is a great recipe. We made it with thin boneless pork chops (called breakfast chops in our stores) and reduced the oil by a TB and the garlic to 6 cloves, but otherwise followed exactly. Delish!
Tracy Lawrence 1870 Days Ago
I tried this recipe a few moths ago and ohhhh my, it is so good. My family loves it. I added cabbage to the hash its even better that way.