Garlic- and Pineapple-Glazed Ham
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. If desired, score ham in a diamond pattern by making shallow diagonal cuts at 1-inch intervals.
- Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Insert an oven-going meat thermometer into center of ham. The thermometer should not touch bone. Cover with foil; bake for 1-1/2 hours.
- Meanwhile, for glaze, in a food processor or blender combine 1 cup pineapple, honey, garlic, and crushed red pepper. Cover and process or blend until nearly smooth.
- Brush ham generously with glaze. Bake, uncovered, for 45 to 60 minutes more or until thermometer registers 140 degrees F. If desired, drizzle ham with pineapple juice to moisten. If desired, garnish with pineapple wedges and serve with mustard.
From the Test Kitchen
Instead of pineapple, use canned apricots or peaches. Substitute maple syrup for the honey.
Nutrition Facts (Garlic- and Pineapple-Glazed Ham)
- Per serving:
- 259 kcal ,
- 12 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 5 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 97 mg chol. ,
- 1124 mg sodium ,
- 5 g carb. ,
- 0 g fiber ,
- 5 g sugar ,
- 33 g pro.