Fruit, Nut, and Brown Sugar Freezer Oatmeal Cups
- In a medium saucepan bring the water and salt to boiling; stir in oats. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally (mixture will be very thin). Remove from heat. Stir in brown sugar, butter, and cinnamon. Transfer to a bowl; cover and chill until cool (mixture will thicken as it cools). Stir in dried fruit.
- Grease twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin cups. Spoon about 1/2 cup of the oatmeal into each prepared muffin cup. Sprinkle with fresh berries and nuts; press lightly. Cover and freeze 6 hours or until firm.
- Let stand at room temperature 5 minutes. Transfer oatmeal cups to freezer bags or airtight containers. Freeze up to 3 months.
- To serve, in a small bowl microwave one frozen oatmeal cup at a time, covered, 2 minutes or until heated through, stirring once. Stir before serving. If desired, stir in milk.
Nutrition Facts (Fruit, Nut, and Brown Sugar Freezer Oatmeal Cups)
- Per serving:
- 132 kcal ,
- 4 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 2 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 3 mg chol. ,
- 110 mg sodium ,
- 22 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 11 g sugar ,
- 3 g pro.